This week Acumatica unveiled their newest software release, 2019 R2. With over 100 features added, Acumatica 2019 R2 will be the most user-friendly release to date. The newest updates are all thanks to the suggestions from Acumatica's 5,000+ customers, hundreds of partners, and extensive developer teams. With a multi-year release cycle, customers can look forward to seeing business-enhancing changes sooner rather than later.
Here are some of the highlighted features of 2019 R2:
- Pivot Table Dashboard Widget – Fans of pivot tables will love that they can now be displayed on Acumatica dashboards using the Pivot Table Widget.
- Worldwide SMS Support will let users receive business related text notifications (SMS) without requiring the Acumatica mobile app be installed.
- Contract-Based APIs enhancements will allow developers to retrieve multiple kinds of detail lines in one request.
Software Usability Enhancements:
- Predefined User Roles for Financial Users will allow users to be set up quickly with predefined roles designed for specific financial positions.
- Conditional Formatting for dashboard table widgets offers the ability to specify the style of rows or columns, including in the use of formulas.
- Simplified Company/Branch selector increases productivity by easily choosing a branch in just one click.
- File Management Enhancements will let users sort and filter attachments in any table or entity.
- Expense report receipts can now be auto-generated directly from images.
Financial Management Updates:
- Application of Payments to Particular Lines of Accounts Payable Documents – will let users assign partial payment to an entire AP document or to individual lines in in the document of various amounts.
- Approval of AR Invoices, Credit Memos, and Debit Memos – A workflow enhancement meant for companies that require approval in certain AR situations.
- Accrual of the Costs of Non-Stock Items supports posting of revenue and expenses to non-stock items in order to calculate an approximate net income.
- Corporate Credit Card support and reconciliation is now included.
Inventory and Order Management:
- Changing the Vendor in Purchase Orders will allow buyers to review prices from multiple vendors and choose the applicable vendor for a purchase order.
- Enhanced Linking of Direct Sales Order Invoices processes sales order and return lines with external point-of-sales (POS) systems. A great update for any company with a retail environment and needs a real-time view of available inventory.
- Validation of Customer Orders on Sales Orders helps eliminate errors by automatically checking for unique customer order numbers and managing duplicates.
- New Prepayment enhancements adds one or more prepayment requests to purchase orders, as well as allowing purchase orders to be added to prepayment documents.
- Warehouse management System (WMS) added advanced picking and bulk processing to it's constantly growing feature set.
- Engineering Change Control (ECC) streamlines multiple change requests by optionally grouping them for approval process, as well as displaying them in bill-of-material comparisons.
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) has improved forecasting and exception handling, as well as the regeneration options for non-stock items.
- Outside Processing of manufacturing operations by suppliers has greater work flow options from scheduling through purchasing.
Have questions or see something that relates to your business? Reach out to us for a discovery/demo to get a more rounded view of Acumatica and other functionality that can have positive impacts on your business.